You Will Learn
- Basic nursing knowledge and skills
- Sound clinical judgment
- Ethical foundations of care delivery
- Effective collaboration/working as a member of the health care team
Program Goals: To prepare students for certification and licensure exams upon completion of the program.
Licensure is available through the Ohio Board of Nursing NCLEX-RN licensure examination. Individuals successfully passing the licensure exam become a Registered Nurse. The Registered Nurse is legally responsible and accountable for knowing the legally-defined scope of nursing practice.
900 hours (1 year) Hybrid Hours
Class, Lab and Clinical hours will vary.
- Complete and submit application for admission.
- Practical Nurse transcript from an approved school of nursing (Potential student maybe a Scioto County PN graduate or a graduate from any approved NCSBN Program)
- Licensure as a licensed practical nurse in Ohio verified via the Ohio Board of Nursing website.
- Students must score pass a pre-entrance exam with a Proficient level test score or higher as determined by the testing company/Program Administrator (Please call to schedule after applying).
The following Must be completed AFTER acceptance into the Practical Nursing program.
- Attend MANDATORY Orientation Meeting
- Current CPR Certification (cannot be an online course)
- Financial arrangements
- BCI and FBI background check
- Physician Release
- Current Healthcare Immunizations
- Drug Test
The LPN to RN Diploma Nursing program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and the Ohio Board of Nursing.