You Will Learn
- Overview of the energy delivery system
- Qualify to climb poles
- Assembly of materials, tools and equipment
- Operate a bucket and digger truck
- Perform bucket truck and pole-top rescue
- Prepare to take the Class A truck drivers exam
- Class D Level for Power Lineman
- Pole Climbing Certification
- CDL Unrestricted Class A License, 160 hours (Valid Drivers License Required)
- Ability to pass DOT physical
900 hours (9 months)
M-F 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Total Cost: $15,313.00
- Complete application
- Attend Informational Meeting
- Provide High School Diploma or GED
- Make Financial Aid Arrangement
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must be able to pass physical test
- Must have valid drivers license
Individuals in good physical condition with electro-mechanical aptitudes will find this field of work challenging and lucrative. The physical condition of candidates is important because of the physical strength needed to climb poles and other strenuous activities that are a major part of this career field.
The Power Line Mechanic program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.