You Will Learn
- Basic nursing knowledge and skills
- Sound clinical judgment
- Ethical foundations of care delivery
- Effective collaboration/working as a member of the health care team
Program Goals: To prepare students for certification and licensure exams upon completion of the program.
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
Licensure is available through the Ohio Board of Nursing NCLEX-PN licensure examination. Individuals successfully passing the licensure exam become a Licensed Practical Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse is legally responsible and accountable for knowing the legally-defined scope of nursing practice.
1350 hours (1 year) M-F
Class, Lab and Clinical hours will vary.
Spring Class: January 7th
Fall Class: September 1st
Total Cost: $13,346.00
- Complete and submit application for admission with $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit Official copy of high school transcript or GED
- Make Financial Aid Arrangement
- WorkKeys scores:
- Applied Math 5
- Graphic Literacy 4
- Workplace Doc 5
- Submit One Page HANDWRITTEN letter explaining why you want to be a nurse.
The following Must be completed AFTER acceptance into the Practical Nursing program.
- Attend MANDATORY Orientation Meeting
- TEAS test – Must make appointment
- Financial Aid, set-up payment plan or paid program costs
- BCI (state) and FBI (federal) background check
- Physician Release
- Current Healthcare Immunizations
- Drug Test (negative results)
The Practical Nursing program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and the Ohio Board of Nursing.PN Application Pkt – TEAS Info