You Will Learn
- Prepare operating rooms for the surgeons
- Creates a sterile field before and during surgery
- Apply the theory of sterile technique regarding quality patient care and safety
- Maintain surgical knowledge involving instruments, supplies, medications, and specimens
- The proper medical terminology usage
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- National Center for Competency Testing: Tech in Surgery TS-C (NCCT ) Certification / The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
1200 hours (1 year) M-F
Class, Lab and Clinical hours will vary.
Total Cost: $10,173.00
Deadline to apply:
November 1st of each year.
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Submit Official copy of high school transcript or GED
- Make Financial Aid Arrangement
- WorkKeys scores:
- Applied Math 4
- Graphic Literacy 4
- Workplace Doc 5
The following Must be completed AFTER acceptance into the Surgical Technology program.
- Attend MANDATORY Orientation
- Make Financial Aid Arrangements
- BCI (state) and FBI (federal) background check*
- Physician Release
- Current Healthcare Immunizations
- Drug Test* (negative results)
Program Goals: To prepare students for certification exams upon completion of the program.
The Surgical Technician program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.ST Application Pkt